Boots and Morning After Pill

On what grounds did they refuse you?

Let me make a guess (a friend was also recently refused solphadeine in Boots).

The reasons given were (a) codeine can be addictive and (b) there are other painkillers without codeine in them that are just as effective for a 'headache'.

My friend was then shown a number of plain paracetmol or aspirin containing tablets - all of which he refused. He went somewhere else and got the solphadeine.

Exactly the same in my case, I find that the other medication is ineffective, I got them somewhere else. This is a new government rule to remove these tablets out of sight. I take 2 sometime I need a 2nd does when I have a migraine, no way am I addicted.

Also codeine is very effective for irritating coughs, when over the counter medicines will not work.

People are people. .. . .I'm sure there will be pharmacists who will revel in a bit of finger wagging if they feel like it just like everyone else. They're also prone to blurring the line between proper advice and their own opinions on alternative medicine and probiotics etc. again just like everyone else. At least in a GP you're not standing at a till with a queue of people behind you listening to it.