Boosting Three 4G signal in N.Ireland

Carnmore

I'm looking to boost Three Ireland 4G signal across the border.

Two bars of 4G can be achieved outside the house but not inside.

I know boosters/repeaters were illegal in ROI but were they due to be legalised this year?

Where can they bought from and how do I know which one to buy?

Are the rules different in the UK?

Thanks in advance

I'm looking to boost Three Ireland 4G signal across the border.

Two bars of 4G can be achieved outside the house but not inside.

I know boosters/repeaters were illegal in ROI but were they due to be legalised this year?

Where can they bought from and how do I know which one to buy?

Are the rules different in the UK?

Thanks in advance
look on ebay uk

Are you trying to boost the signal to make calls or use it for Internet access? If the latter you can buy wireless routers with a SIM slot and connection to plug in an antenna, which are much cheaper than trying to repeat the network for your phone to use.

As far as Internet access is concerned I've been using this antenna for the past three years to boost my mobile broadband signal - still stuck with poor mobile signal for calls though :(

In my case the pigtails that came with the antenna I bought connected to the broadband dongle ok but I have since switched to Three and now have their Huawei B525S wireless router and have replaced the pigtail connectors with https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G39UMLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (these connectors).

For internet access only - calls are fine. The SIM-only Three plan I'm on is for former ID Mobile customers (€5 per month for a 12 months) and want to avoid incurring extra monthly costs if possible.

If I put my phone on the outside windowsill I can get 2 bars of 4G which is all I need but it's not exactly ideal.

If using an antenna connected to a wireless router, how much would a data-only SIM cost per month?

Hi I am also on the sane 5e deal but find 3ireland very poor on date speed and reception I can only get at a 3g signal from them
here in offaly area I have connected up to a Dovado Tiny and just awaiting a MiMO antenna from ALIBABA 15e to connect to the Dongle
to see if that improves the reception MIMO is a dual connection using Diversity reception if if fails to improve reception I will try a MIMO Beam.
I have not used the B525 I see that Three are offering it free with a SIMO 750 GB Broadband at 30e PM but I would guess tat the same slow
speeds apply

Back