Booking tickets on Trenitalia web site

Westie123

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has recently bought tickets on this site? I am booking tickets on the freccerossa high speed train. All is well until I get to selecting seats. One leg of the journey is ok, showing the seats I select. However, on the other leg the same wrong seats and coach show every time I try, regardless of which seats I select. I have tried two different browsers, Firefox and Safari, with similar results.

Any help would be great.

I did recently enough buy tickets on the Trenitalia site (Florence-Milan) .. the site is horribly un-intuitive and difficult to use (it looks that way in Italian too) ... I can't remember having an issue selecting seats (probably just took the default seats and didn't try).. the main thing I recall is that they offered you only the default full fare pricing unless you went in and explicitly selected a different tariff and you had to read the small print since some of the special tariffs anyone could use (like 30% off off peak trains etc.) but some where only for youths etc... It's worth checking First Class too ... especially with the discounted tariffs it can cost little extra and it's lots less crowded and more comfortable.

Not an easy site to use, but it worked in the end .. then you print your tickets and that's all you need to show the conductor on the train (no need to collect tickets at the station)