Booking rtn flights seperately

poppy1

at the moment flights out to faro are 0.00 on the dates we want to go, so with taxes and that its €75 (baby is $20)
But coming back its €285.

is it best to book the outgoing flight now for 75 and hope the rtn flight will come down and book that at a later time????

thanks

Is this with ryanair?

Only ask cause i cant think of any other airline that does 0.00 flights.

With ryan air flight prices will always never go down. The closer you get to the departure date the more expensive they will be.

I was looking once for flights, ryanair was 19.99 on the tuesday, checked around a few other sites, confirmed with friends the day/times ect. The next day went to book and they were 79.99. I think ryanair also go by seat numbers as well, so maybe i was unlucky cause in the space of that day "x" amount of people booked which meant less seats available so prices went up.

On the other hand i was going to canada to visit a friend, dates were flexible so 3 weeks before i looked, i think the flights were around €400, ended up booking 2 days before hand and got them for €100.

They do sometimes come back down but you have to decde if it is worth the gamble. Our last trip, we booked at what we thought would be the best price (abou €380 total) & then about a month bwefore the flight we could have got them for about €150. But at that stage I might not have been able to get my accomodation. It's a gamble - are you a gambling (wo)man?

hi yep its with ryanair. i suppose what im askin is will i be charged the same amt for taxes charges, credit card charges etc if i book the flights seperately, or will be be cheaper to do it at once???

taxes "should" be the same

If you book them seperatly you will have to pay booking charges on both, as it's making 2 different bookings.

I think you should just book now the return.

People can often think that the return is €285 is really expensive because they got the going over for 0.00. Look at the whole picture not just the €285, not including taxes that €142.50 each way. Still a very good price.

If you do want to gamble then i would check back every day to see what the prices are like. You might be lucky and get it cheaper, but i've never had that experience with ryanair myself. The flight might be a few euros cheaper the next day but your'll have to factor in the booking costs as well.

Try edreams.ie. Its pretty good for booking flight separately and will compare the market (ie out with Aer Lingus, back with BA)

If you book them seperatly you will have to pay booking charges on both, as it's making 2 different bookings.

If you book both outward and return at the same time, the booking charges will be the same as if you booked them separately - Ryanair charge a booking/handling/credit card fee per person per flight so there's no saving to be made by making one booking or two.

You havent said how soon the trip is, or what day of the week the flights are.

If the return journey is a weekend day in summer, you are probably too late for a bargain.

This year booked 3 return flight with ryanair, all for the one trip, Madrid>Dublin, wasn't sure how long I was going to stay! Anyway the cheapest flight was the one I booked closest to departure. I booked in December 08 for return on 4th June, about $24 all in, then in March I booked for a return on 28th May around €20 all in. Then early April I booked a flight for 21st June, it was €5 all in. This is not a recommendation to wait, just my experience.

Ryanair prices go up and down all the time depending on special offers and how many bookings they have. You seem to have a very good price for the total journey can you take the risk it will go up as a previous poster said?

Why not fly out with Ryanair at €75 and come back Aer Lingus at €100 (2 adults). Aer Lingus seems cheaper for the return journey?

Is it true that Ryanair's cookies watch for your enquiries and when you return the price may be hiked but only for you?