Booking long haul flight only-deposits & full payment schedule

C

cannybird

Hi I would like to book a long haul flight to thailand over the xmas period - I would like to book now to secure the fares offered as I will not be able to definitively say I am going until end october, and I imagine in the meantime the availability of flights at current prices quoted will be limited if not gone.

So far with trailfinders it is possible to pay a deposit of 150 now but the balance is due within 30 days.

I need suggestions of other ways of booking a flight with longer full payment conditions.

Cheers

Trailfinders is one of the best in this regard. I don't know of any other agencies that will offer longer because the airline usually demands payment well in advance as well.

Unless you pay for a flight upfront i think that the ticket is subject to fare increases, even with a deposit paid. Could you not book by a credit card and split the payments?

Thanks for suggestions, the main issue is that I am going for an interview in a few weeks for a different position within the company Im currently with so depending on the outcome of this I may or may not be able to go on the trip.

If flight is subject to fare increases would this not be the same as booking at a later date? Sorry if im being dense about this one

Pretty much, yes it would. Which airline are you looking at using? Sign up for their newsletters, there are often sales. Have you tried looking at www.skyscaner.net for cheapest ones? I flew with Aeroflot to Thailand once, about £220 return via Moscow. I was a student at the time, didn't understand what an 8 hour layover in somewhere like Moscow meant, lol! I arrived back in one piece.....my luiggage got a round the world flight though :D

Depending on where you are going in Thailand you could also look at flying into Singapore or KL and travelling up by bus/train/budget flight? Again, dependent on time constraints.

Back