Booking hotel with baby

peggybetty

Just wondering about booking a hotel room B&B with a baby. Baby is 1 and I'll have my own travel cot.

When making the hotel booking it just has child, €10, and nothing about an age. With regard to the breakfast I'll bring baby's own.

Is there usually an age limit on these things? Do I say yes 1 child or not?

Different hotels (and booking portals) have different rules, but IME most places don't charge for "infants" under 2; some places don't charge under 5.

Just stayed saturday night in hotel with nine year old and two infants under two. I rang the hotel before hand and stated I had two babies and one child and I could get the BB rate for €85 www.irelandhotels.com
and was it ok to have one child and two infants. No problem, even offered me two travel cots but only took one as new baby has own pop up little crib. On checkin was told we were upgraded to a family room and it was beautiful with plenty of space.

Some hotels tell me just to write in one infant/child in the special requirements box.

I would guess that the child rate is for a child over 2, 3 or 5 depending on website. Anyway i find hotels these days are delighted to get the room filled and aren't concerned with infants at all. Enjoy your break.