Booking flights with Irish credit card for flights within USA

cappamj

I was wondering if anyone had booked flights with Visa for people living in usa. For eg. I would like to book a return flight from Boston to Florida for my son who lives in US, I have looked at travelpaths .com and it seems to be possible but was wondering if anyone had done it and any problems.
thanks

Some travel websites in the US will only accept credit cards with a US (and in some cases UK) billing address as a fraud prevention measure. You might be able to book flights thought instead, although I haven't tried this myself.

I've done it on Delta, Southwest and Expedia.
Had trouble on priceline si I'd say it is a hit and miss. You'll find out when you try to pay for it so I'd advise you to try and book it.

I booked flights from Vegas to San Fran with US Airways using an Irish Mastercard. I'm a tad hazy on the details but I may have needed a US address for the booking (I used my brothers address who was travelling with me - trip to vegas so his US card was a little on the red side).
Have your son's address at hand just in case and if one airline (obviously go with the cheapest flights and rule them out case by case if they won't accept) doesn't accept it at least a few of the others will.

Personally find ITA very good for flight searches, prices very tough to beat and nice warnings for tight connections or long lay overs (not really needed for internal US flights but for trans atlantic etc very handy).
http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch/

Try

They allow you to book internal flights in other countries although I am not sure whether your irish credit card would be accepted; I am almost certain it would.

I booked flights to the west coast USA last week on Orbitz.com - got a far better deal that anything available on the airline websites, Expedia or Opodo. I paid in US$ on my Bank of Ireland issued Mastercard.