Booking flights on China Southern website

steelblue

Hi

looking to book some internal flights in China using the China Southern web site. Unfortunately they dont take visa. Has anybody got any experiece of booking and how did they pay for the flights. There is a payment box called "easy go". Anybody know what this is about, tried to yahoo it, but no luck

Thanks in advance.

Just wait until you get to China... you can only buy full fare tickets from outside china ... discounted tickets you can buy when you're in the country. On most routes there are loads of flights so getting availability isn't an issue - at worst you'd end up paying the fare that you'd have paid in advance booking from outside china .. but more likely you'll save 1/3 - 1/2 of the fare by getting discounted fares.

I guess the only excpetion to this would be if you were looking to travel on a route with very limited schedules and were locked to a particular day/time ... but if you've any flexibility and/or are travelling on routes with many services then just wait until you arrive and buy the tickets at the counter in the airport when you get to china.

Note that for some odd reason it's quite hard to buy tickets originating from any other city ... so if you're in Shanghai you can easily buy a Shanghai - anywhere ticket ... but you can't buy tickets departing form any city other than Shanghai. There may be ways around this ... but it never really was an issue for me

Have a look at for an idea of the fares available (this site searches accross all airlines) ... BTW - I dont' think you can use this site for booking from outside China - I think they only take Chinese issued credit cards.

Hi there steelblue, travelled quite a bit in China last year and found this site invaluable.

Best of luck

Back