Booking Flights on Airlines that dont servise Ireland

Hanners

Hi,

Anyone any experience of this.

I'm looking to book flights to Australia and back via Dubai, the Emirates website (UK version) is quoting a good price for the flights I want, times etc. Is there any reason I couldnt book this, ie not being UK resident, credit card etc. The ticket will be ex Manchester so I was planning of getting there myself and then flying on with emirates as per the booking I make.

The website cant book flights out of Ireland as they dont fly here. I notice the tax is much lower than the tax I've been quoted on flights here.

Cheers

Hanners

Hanners

Go ahead and Book - of course you can book flights exUK from here - no problem at all - UK is part of EU and as a EU citizen (which I assume you are) you can buy goods and services from any member country.

One small thing tho.

Make sure that the flights you book to Manchester give you plenty (and I mean plenty) of time to allow you to book in and board your flight onwards as you will not be travelling on a thru-ticket exDublin - if the time is too tight you could miss your flight onwards and the airline does have not to compensate you for this.

Give yourself a minimum of 3-4hrs between your flight landing in Manchester and scheduled depart time ex manchester - to allow for delays .security booking in etc etc . Do the same for your return flights as the same criteria will be involved.

I do this all the time meself.

A Former Travel Agent
EDO

Thanks Edo, thought it would be ok just wanted to check! Was planning on getting there pretty early in any case.

Cheers

I do know that some airlines will only accept credit cards from the country of departure e.g. if you are departing the UK, you will have to have a UK credit card with a UK address. This is the case for BA (who do fly to Ireland incidentally) but you can book over the phone with them instead

Don't know if this applies to Emirates though.