Booked Ticket under misspelt name

JodiePJ

I recently booked flights on Aer Lingus for myself, the OH and my sister-in-law. I only realised when entering the US Visa Waiver that her passport says Anna. She is know as Anne to everyone so that is what I booked the tickets under (didn't think to double check).

Anyway, does anyone know if Aer Lingus or Immigration would have a problem with her passport name not matching the ticket name? The Visa Waiver is registered with the passport details.

I can't find any information on Aerlingus.com about this.

Thanks
J

Yes

The name on the ticket must match the name on the passport. Going to the states its even more important. I would contact them asap about this.

Nothing to worry about there JodiePJ. Go ahead and enter her details as per her passport on the online Visa Waiver then just call the airline and get the Anne changed to Anna , that wont be a problem.

Just to update, I emailed Aerlingus. They came back fairly quickly to say that it is OK and that you are allowed one spelling mistake per booking. I asked if I needed to change the name and they said there is no need to :)

Panic over!

Back