Book Honeymoon in Ireland or UK travel agents?

r0nn13

We are going to book our honeymoon soon for later this year.

We both live and work in the South and so get paid in Euros.

One of us is from the North and so has a UK Visa.

With the excellent rate of Euro to Sterling we were thinking of transferring our honeymoon fund into the UK visa and book the holiday in a travel agent up north.

Do the travel agents holiday prices change (fuel surcharges etc) due to good/bad exchange rates, or would be getting more for our money in the north?

Can they charge more after we have booked and paid a deposit?

Also, can they charge us more even if we pay the holiday in full?

Just wondering what is the best option for us...

My guess is a UK agent has the best deals. They would have made their arrangements last year when sterling was strong so now you should be able to benefit that it has weakened

Do you really need an agent? Depending on where you are going I'd book myself online and save even more.

Can anyone recommend any online UK sites for booking hotels? Looking at booking our honeymoon in november and reckon booking in sterling might save a few bob?

we booked our honeymoon last week and paid for it in full because of the good exchange rate.we booked through a uk company kuoni holidays.we booked our own flights from dublin to london heathrow.we checkied out ths same honeymoon through an irish company. we saved at least 30 percent.

Back