BOIs managed funds?

hattrick_12a

Folks anyone any thoughts on BOIs managed funds below

Was thinking of the

Bloxham Geared High Yield (9) (on AS400)

For a small lump some investment. Charges are 1.75% a year I think and thats all or so I am told by BOI. Is this fund diversified enough? I think its high risk in that it is a gearing fund but I don't mind this, looking for the long term. Anyone any experiences with this? good/bad?

I got a good deal on charges (and early exit fees waived) by going through www.myadviser.ie for the geared high yield fund.

As for diversification, rather than invest in a single, well diversified fund, I prefer to have a diverse range of funds. So the Bloxham fund only accounts for a percentage of my overall investments.

Above is what is on offer to me.

Some Qs before I talk with MyAdvisor

Option 1
What is 102% allocation on 5k investment?
They mention 1% annual management charge and annual management charge is 0.25% higher i.e. 1.25%. Does this mean 1.25% max annual management charge?

Option 2
What is 100% allocation for your 5k investment.
They mention 0.75% annual management charge and annual management charge is 0.25% higher i.e.1.00%. Does this mean 1.00% max annual management charge?

So When I get a better understanding of the allocation part and the costs associated with each I will be able to make a better choice.

I suppose option 2 is better in that it has no exit charges, but I do think I will leave it in for the 5 years so what are the arguments for and against the options?

Also, is there any other questions I should be asking like...
What are the fees to leave the fund going for longer than 5 years?

Thanks

Folks, I hope this isn't classed as bumping my post to the top of the Q, but I would appreciate advice on the following, as it's different to the above.

Option 1
5000 investment
-1% commission -year 1 only?
-1.25% AMC -year 1
-1.25% AMC -year 2
-1.25% AMC -year 3
-1.25% AMC -year 4
-1.25% AMC -year 5

Total Charges = 7.25%
There are exit charges
There is a 2% extra allocation?

Option 2
5000 investment
-1% commission -year 1 only?
-1.00% AMC -year 1
-1.00% AMC -year 2
-1.00% AMC -year 3
-1.00% AMC -year 4
-1.00% AMC -year 5

Total Charges = 6%
no exit charges

I was trying to work out how much the fund would have to grow to cover the charges?
Option 1 fund has to grow by 7.25% - Not taking the 2% allocation into account but it may work out better than Option 2. I can't work this out...
Option 2 fund has to grow by 6%
Can anyone advise/correct/confirm?

Also, I was trying to understand the product more by the extra 2% allocation. Surely 2% extra allocation, takes from the brokers 1% commision? Can anyone suggest anything on this? Am I looking into it too much?

Thanks