Boiler stove on budget

LRedmond

Hi all.. First time here, interesting discussions ...
I'm currently trying to lower my heating and elect bills as both are massive!
My heating is running at 400p/m on Oil and 25-30 p/w on coal + logs
I have 2 young kids (4.5yrs & 7months) so house needs to be warm. The open fire is lite from 730am every morning right through till 9-10ish pm and the oil for approx 6 hrs, but bedrooms are not very warm. The fire has no
Back boiler BUT the hot press is directly behind fireplace (house is a large bungalow) , we rent but don't plan on moving for couple of years at least Infact we would buy it if opp arose.
I looking to buy a boiler stove that I could get plumbed into hotpress tank. The house has 15 rads but we have 5 turned off. Can anybody recommend any stoves that would do the job but possible not break the bank? I was looking at a brand new stove in a local store that was a 20kw priced at 1000(which is do-able but a stretch). Also does anybody have any thoughts on 2nd hand stoves ?
Thanks, sorry for long winded message but wanted to provide details so correct info can be gathered.

Apart from the cost of the stove itself you need to consider the cost of installation, which may be more than you think....but you're renting this house - ask the landlord would they consider putting in a stove ?
I was asked by my tenants a few years ago for a stove, and would have done it - would do nearly anything to keep good tenants - except then they changed their minds and didnt want it, so it didnt happen.
No way would I spend that sort of money in a house I don't own, to leave it behind you for the landlord.