Boiler replacement

HouseBuyer10

Hi there, we live in a 3 bedroom house and have a very old boiler (1980s). We would like to get it replaced with a good one and have our radiators in each room replaced as well.
How much do you think it’ll cost us approximately and what advice do you have when picking the providers and the boiler? Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks a mil

There are a number of threads already on boiler replacement costs. You would need to provide details on number and size of rads to get an indication of costs, and a location would be useful for supplier recommendations.

There are a number of threads already on boiler replacement costs. You would need to provide details on number and size of rads to get an indication of costs, and a location would be useful for supplier recommendations.

Hi Leo, thanks for your reply. I have checked other threads, but they don't provide current info on what we need.
I should have been more specific, sorry about that. We live in a 3 bedroom house in Dublin 18.

We're looking for recommendations for companies that can do the following work in our house:
- boiler replacement - we would like a Worcester Bosch boiler
- replacement of all radiators (7 in total in the main bedroom, back bedroom, box room, kitchen, living room, hall and bathroom) - we're not sure what brand, type... we assume that we will need double radiators in the 2 main bedrooms and in the living room
- removal of the old boiler & cylinder

We would like to claim the €700 SEAI grant, which means that the contractor has to be on the SEAI list and all work has to be done according to the SEAI standards.

We've been quoted from €5,300 to €7,300 for all of the above and the difference in quotes is a bit worrying.

Has anyone worked with a good and affordable SEAI company in the past and can recommend them?

Also, how much do you think would be a reasonable amount to pay for what we would like to get done?

Thanks a lot.

I had a Worchester Bosch boiler (gas) fitted 5 yrs ago in a 3 bedroom house without replacing most of the rads and with a magnetizer for removing metal debris in the system. I love the boiler, very efficient, and the magnetizer really does the trick, its called "Magnaclean." I got the SEAI grant and a 5 yr service warranty from Airtricity for €4200.

Back