Boiler for Conservatory

slookie

We built our house 1 and 1/2 years ago and one problem is that our conservatory is really cold in the winter time. There is one big window, 2 small ones and big double doors in it (one into kitchen and one outside). there are 2 rads in the room and it is very well insulated, but I suppose the high ceiling doesn't help - at a guess 16ft high. The room is roughly 17ft x 12ft. One of our neighbours had the same problem so he put in a small stove and made a big improvement. Does it defeat the purpose of a conservatory to put a stove in...though it would be nice to relax in there in winer time. Has anyone done this, and if so what size, brand ets stove was it? Herself rang a crowd there and they said we'd need a 7 or 8 kw one. Any help appreciated.

Hi Slookie
Sitting here in my warm sunroom with a Stanley Oisinn burning away quietly in the corner. Large church window and glass double doors with a high ceiling.The Oisinn is fantastic and very economical and really warm. However the cost of the stove ( 400 Euro ) is nothing compared to the additional stuff such as flues,collars,clips.brackets,fitting etc etc.I would estimate to be safe, around 1,500 to 2,000 Euro installed.This included a tiled plinth and tiling around stove and a flue brought above roof eaves.
Hope this helps you.
Kenbo

Back