BOI wins best online banking award

IrlJidel

examiner.ie report [broken link removed].

I'm quite surprised really. I wouldn't call it the best, albeit it has made some recent improvements.

BOI have only recently added the ability to set-up standing-orders, add beneficaries online and their authenciation system was not the most robust.

Lord help us - how in the world did BoI win that award - is it because they were the only bank left that hadn't won it?

What a joke.

Banking365 is probably the worse of all online banking platforms. Simple inter-Ireland bank transfers take 3 days. If you wish to add standing orders/beneficaries, letters, codes and rubbish need to be sent through snail mail.

What a joke.
If you wish to add standing orders/beneficaries, letters, codes and rubbish need to be sent through snail mail.
Yeh this peeved me right off too. I used to be able to phone up banking 365, add an account,lodge money and a/c was set up online from then on ..simple as.!Now i have to phone up, register a/c, wait for pin no. to be sent in the post, phone 365 again with the pin no. then transfer money...madness!

That is mad! I use both BOI and AIB's online services and AIB's is far superior.

none of the two are any good. it is really a shame that Ireland as a country is at the centre of computer industry both software and hardware wise and we had to put up with this pathetic systems from the banks for so long.
closed both of my accounts in these two banks, work with nib and halifax now

Which online banking service is the best?

Joejoe

I have used NIB, Halifax, Ulster Bank and AIB. I prefer AIB over NIB for functionality and customer service. Also, logging in doesn't require storing a security certificate so I can use it from anywhere. I can't comment against BOI though.

I use BOI online banking for business; It is fine to work with,though it is expensive; I use NIB for personal banking - it seems slightly easier to use, but there is little enough to choose between them other than, as I say, the cost of the BOI product.

I think the NIB site is woeful! Cant say I have any problems with BOI site. Not an AIB customer.

I'm a fan of AIB... i think of all the bests they have the best system..very easy to set up and manage accounts.. I have my current, 2 savings, credit card and now lump sum deposit account there, and i find them really clear and easy to manage transfers etc..

uriius MOB you say that BOI is more expensive. Do we pay for this service in some hidden way??? I thought I had free personal banking with them....

Muffinb, You have to pay for Business Online with BOI but not for personal.
If you do 3 payments out per quarter you'll have no fees. Don't forget to register to convert your a/c to an interest bearing one. Same criteria applies & you can earn 10.5% on balances up to €1500 until the end of Feb when it converts to 3.75%.