BOI Visa Debit - Text Top up by mobile facility

Beebie

Hi someone maybe able to help me here.........
In a previous life, Laser days, i set up a facility via the BOI ATM machine whereby i registered my mobile with the Bank. This allowed me to text a number (from the comfort of home) telling Vodafone to Top me up by say 20 euro. I was then asked for PIN code to confirm transaction, grand. Credit was then applied to fone by Vodafone and debited from BOI Account.

Currently with VISA Debit, facility is not working although the Bank are at pains pointing out that I should be able to do everything i could do with Laser. When i go to ATM, to check for registered number, or register my number all ATMs are giving me the same message 'unable to complete transaction at this stage etc;. Tried numerous ATMs, same issue, went to branch today, dragger teller out to the ATM (they keep telling me they haven't heard anyone report this, my single report of this issue is irrelevant, feel they need thousands of complaints before they take me seriously!) Same errors on ATM. Teller rang 365, said that as card had different number than Laser, issue was with Vodafone that i should ring them and register the new card no. I doubted this but left anyways, rang Vodafone, as expected issue not with them, they dont have my bank details so different card number makes no odds to them. Issue is with card i.e. facility is lost now or ATMs are confused :-(.
I am frustrated at this stage going to banks/ATM................does anyone have the same issue and if so did they get it resolved? thanks in advance.

Thanks CiaranT, know that's an option and possible only one open to me, just found it handy to be able to do it via text. Thanks for the reply

Ring B365, tell them you need you can't text top up since you received the Visa Debit card. They will be able to delete the old card details within a few hours then you can go back to the ATM and register your new card for the text top up service. Hope this makes sense

Back