BOI revamping their current account charges

Accepting an increased charge or increased cost for anything in life simply because you have savings and can afford to pay it isn’t really being financially savvy.

Of course.

I am just saying that it is not likely that there is much pandemic-related inability to pay.

Well I don't know about anybody else but after forty plus years of being a BOI customer, they have lost me as a current account customer.
Moved to a PTSB explorer account and with 5% back on Sky, 2% back on Airtricity, 10 cent every time I use their debit card and 4 cent off a litre of petrol in Circle K basically means their 6 euro a month account fees are more than paid for, I might even start to make a few euros.
Thanks Bank of Ireland

Well I don't know about anybody else but after forty plus years of being a BOI customer, they have lost me as a current account customer.
Moved to a PTSB explorer account and with 5% back on Sky, 2% back on Airtricity, 10 cent every time I use their debit card and 4 cent off a litre of petrol in Circle K basically means their 6 euro a month account fees are more than paid for, I might even start to make a few euros.
Thanks Bank of Ireland

Same. Leaving BOI for PTSB.

Back