BoI Raid - victims named on RTE

Ancutza

It seems to me a bit 'off' to name the victims of last nights/this mornings attack on a BoI employee in the reporting of the raid.

Does this not, potentially, leave him open to further grief? And what about his/their right to privacy in what must be a very traumatic event for them.

I personally think its wrong to name names at this point in the investigation.

The banks seriously have to get their security act together, I can think of a million ways this could be avoided.

If the banks don't deal with it, bank employees who could potentially be targetted in such a way should refuse to carry keys to the safe

I agree it was a bit out of order to name the people.

One thing I cannot get my head round in this and the numerous other bank raids is how/why one employee seemingly had access to so much money. I have a relative in the UK who has worked in a bank for 20 years and they tell me that a premises key holder never ever has access to the safe at the same time, it would take a minimum of 2 people to get to any cash, often 3 people would be required in larger branches. Plus they have different alarm codes so the security company would be alerted if they were entering the premises at an unusal time or under duress, I just find it unbelievable they don't have similar measures in place in Irish banks.

Yes, there is something odd about this story. How could a bank teller have access to so much money?

I can think of a million ways this could be avoided.
Without putting the lives of the hostages at risk?

I would assume that one individual doesn't normally have unguarded access to this kind of the cash, but the payment is being made by the bank in order to get the family freed.

Without putting the lives of the hostages at risk?

I would assume that one individual doesn't normally have unguarded access to this kind of the cash, but the payment is being made by the bank in order to get the family freed.

The fact that it's possible for this to happen is what has put the hostages lives at risk. Some independent/remote security measures should be required to access and remove cash from a vault containing that amount of money.