boi credit card

amtc

I have a boi credit card...not much on it max 400 euro but my limit is 17300.

It just hit me that I haven't had a bill for ages....so rang them today.. 43 mins on phone holding.

So guy said everyone was switched to estatements and I was overdue and because over 30 days would show on my icb record. Plus late payment fee!

I can't access website in work due to cookies. I don't have working home pc at mo...doing this off phone...he couldn't change it. I broke my wrist and leg so am only going places by taxi so his advice was to get taxi to branch!

Did he tell you how much you owed?

Can you access the BoI website on our mobile phone?

Can someone else make the payment for you? i.e. wire the amount for you?

No I can and have accessed on my phone. My point was I wasn't told plus also my mortgage and current account also switched to estatements only.

Legally it should be opt in....I did a response to ComReg on this in a previous job.

I don't think they should be switching by default to estatements either. It's worth filing a complaint?
But BOI will probably argue that they sent you written notification of the changeover, and once they do that they seem to be able to get away with anything.

I was similarly unimpressed with the whole management of the switchover from Visa to Mastercard.

They made a change to terms and conditions towards the end of last year, anyone signed up to Banking365 was going to be switched to eStatements by default and would have to request (and pay for!) paper statements going forward. I think - though tracking down an example would be a 'mare - that they published notification of the changes of terms and conditions on both their website and in the national newspapers, I think they also had a note about it on the statements prior to changeover - I can check later and confirm if it was there. Notification does not have to be directed expressly to you (i.e. by letter) - the terms and conditions list advertisements in newspapers as a valid means of notification.

The changeover was mid November 2015 - so you are missing out four months of statements definitely.

Going to the branch is a disaster and a waste of time, the staff will put you on a phone in a booth and tell you to ring 365 from there. They wont accept payments in the branch.
I had problems with my credit card. They kept ceasing my credit cards , and sending me out I think 4 or 5 new credit cards randomly with the visa switchover.
However they never actually sent the cards till i rang them and meanwhile cancelled my existing cards.
Fed up,I finally managed to close all of my accounts last week but couldn't pay the bill , they sent the amount back to me , had to go to branch, on the phone for another 20 mins in the branch before managing to pay them.
now I have had to pay 2 government stamp duties on the old BOI card and the new PTSB card even thought all my BOI were supposed to be closed , i had no card and no payments overlapping
They wrote to me yesterday to say sorry to lose my business and keep them in mind in the future!
They are trying to move online and away from branches but have neither the staff or the systems to do so.

Back