BOI Compliance

jambo.ie

I've set up deposit accounts with AIB, Anglo, Halifax, First Active and Irish Nationwide in the last week. All of them accepted AIB e-statement printouts as proof of address. Except BOI! Why do BOI feel the need to make life difficult for their prospective customers?

I am surprised that any bank would accept online statement printouts.

Sorry you feel BOI (I work for BOI) were unhelpful.

The legislation requires any financial institution to obtain both photographic id and address id. The address id (which must follow a specified format. e.g. utility bill, insurance letter, government letter, bank statement, credit card statement etc) must have been posted to the recipients address, hence why we can't accept an online statement. I can't really explain how the other financial institutions can accept same, as I understood we all have to adhere to the same guidelines.

I know this won't take away your frustration with us - but I hope it at least explains where we are coming from.

Best of luck.

BM

The legislation requires any financial institution to obtain both photographic id and address id.

The Legislation which is the Criminal Justice Act 1994, section 32 requires no such thing

The legislation requires any financial institution to obtain both photographic id and address id.

The Legislation which is the Criminal Justice Act 1994, section 32 requires no such thing

Hi Red Devil,

Have a look at sections 48 - 51, and see what you think.

Regards,

BM