BOI Car Insurance

DublinD

Got a quote from BOI which is 150€ cheaper if I had any account with them (current/savings/mortgage/credit card). Anybody know if there is an easy account to open to qualify - likely just be a dummy account as don't want to change current account at present.

They are significantly cheaper than anybody else I've called (AIG, FBD, Blue, AXA)

Open a BOI savings account and throw in a few quid, current accounts and credit cards would incur fees whereas a savings account won't. You could probably close it again after you take out the insurance (unless its a condition on the policy to maintain the account) or just leave it idle if you don't want it.

Open a BOI savings account and throw in a few quid, current accounts and credit cards would incur fees whereas a savings account won't. You could probably close it again after you take out the insurance (unless its a condition on the policy to maintain the account) or just leave it idle if you don't want it.
That’s the thing, cant see any that you can open without a current account.?

The below is for their Mortgage Saver account (I didn't look at any of the others).

If you’re not a Bank of Ireland customer, to open an account online you need the following documents available to upload during the application:

1. Your passport
  2. Your current account bank statement (From any Irish bank)
  3. A second document to verify your address, for example your driving licence or gas/electricity bill.

Back