BoI branch in Dublin - Recommendations?

VanHeusen

Could anyone recommend a BoI branch in Dublin with decent customer service? Based on personal experience?
(Just for regular, day-to-day banking, personal current account.)
Thanks!

Have banked with BoI Marino mart for over 10 years, even kept my account there when I moved to Kildare.
Have found them helpful and easy to communicate with.

My branch is at College Green. I find them good in general although there can be queues at lunchtime.

I had cause to complain a couple of years ago (cannot for the life of me remember what it was) and none of the customer service managers were free so one of the head honcho type managers came down to speak to me and handled the complaint well, refunded all my transaction fees for that year and changed the status of my a/c so i could get free banking (this was before free banking was standard). He said he liked "interfacing with the public" and missed working in "ground level banking" which I found hilarious.

I like that it's a large branch as I prefer the sense of anonymity.

Also, they have just given me a nice big loan with no hassles even though I'm still a student and have no income of my own - apparently it's based on my future prospects as well as my hubby's income. They price-matched the cheapest interest rate I could find as well.

Last edited:
What area of Dublin?

From what I hear, the level of service in BOI branches can vary considerably.

My wife had an account in 1 BOI branch (our local one) and our joint account was in another (in city centre). Needed a car loan a few years ago. Went into both branches to see what they could offer. There was a 4% (yes you have read this correctly) difference between the loan rates being offered in each for the same person, same details etc.. Reason she tried 2 was that the first quote came from the city centre branch. She then saw a car she liked locally and wanted to buy quickly, so decided to walk into the local branch for convenience to get the loan assuming they would quote an identical rate to the city centre. After receiving the local rate she asked them why it was so much higher than their colleagues in the city centre. The rather un-customer friendly manager told her she must be mistaken and was rather cross at her suggestion that other branches were lower. So naturally, she went into city centre and got the loan there. Shortly afterwards, when in the local branch lodging some money, the manager recognised her and had the cheek to ask if she still wanted the car loan and was very indignant when told that another branch got the business.

As for the rates, the local branch rate was the advertised rate in their adverts - wouldnt come down. The city centre branch, like most banks, seemed willing to negotiate lower than advertised due to having a lot of competition from other banks in close proximity.

Hi I have been banking wiht BOI Camden Street for past 20 years and have never had any problmes with them apart from an odd long queue now and again. Customer Service staff really good

Back