BOI 365 online international transfers

sitstill

Does anyone know how longa transfer from my BOI account using Banking 365 to an account in the UK would take? Also, how much do they charge? Thanks

Does anyone know how longa transfer from my BOI account using Banking 365 to an account in the UK would take? Also, how much do they charge? Thanks

There's no straight answer for how long will it takes.

It depends on when you make the payment. If before 5pm today, it should be in the UK account by Friday. If after 5pm, then it'd be, at least, next Tuesday (Mon 31 is a UK Bank Holiday).

The charge is 0.20 %, I think. The 365 Help Desk would be able to confirm.

I think anything before Friday would be optimistic. I've online banking with several different banks, and in my experience BoI has always been the slowest, with 3-4 working days as standard, even to other BoI accounts. I'm afraid I can't comment specifically on international transfers. (I found Halifax the fastest; never more than one day and on one occasion the same day to external accounts, and immediate transfer to Halifax accounts. I'll miss them.)

The cynic in me says BoI like to have that extra few days when the money is 'between accounts' to make a few extra € profit. Scaled up to all transactions, I'm sure it's significant.