BofI Loan application. Is complaint warranted.

cremeegg

I am looking at putting in solar panels. I thought I would investigate borrowing the cost from BofI. I spoke to a person in my local branch. They suggested I apply on-line. I explained that as my finances are little outside the norm I thought that might not work. I was assured on-line was the way to go.

I opened the on-line application. In response to the questions asked I input my salary, and details of my mortgage. All ready to enter details of my rental income (greater than my salary) I was rejected without any opportunity to outline further income.

Is this reasonable grounds for a complaint?

I know I can ring them up and wait half an hour to speak to someone, but it is so frustrating.

No, bad customer service is the norm these days - try a different bank

AFAIK BOI don't take rental income into account for loans/mortgages, so it would make no difference.

I am looking at putting in solar panels. I thought I would investigate borrowing the cost from BofI. I spoke to a person in my local branch. They suggested I apply on-line. I explained that as my finances are little outside the norm I thought that might not work. I was assured on-line was the way to go.

I opened the on-line application. In response to the questions asked I input my salary, and details of my mortgage. All ready to enter details of my rental income (greater than my salary) I was rejected without any opportunity to outline further income.

Is this reasonable grounds for a complaint?

I know I can ring them up and wait half an hour to speak to someone, but it is so frustrating.
Complain to who? The bank?

Your situation is probably outside their norms, so their online system can't accommodate it. Go back to the branch and explain the situation. You will have to do a manual application.

Back