bmw z3

corkfella

Hi,

I am considering buying a z3 and was wondering does anyone have any expereince of driving one, how they handle and are they heavy on petrol?

Cheers.

That's a useful reply SISSOKO!
I have nothing useful to add from personal experience, but here are some reviews if you haven't checked Whatcar? out yet
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Nicola

edit:
:eek: (see below!)

get as late a version as you can. The early ones weren't the best...and avoid the 1.9 engine if you can afford to...

good luck with your hunt, when these first came out i thought it looked cool

ended up alter driving the 1 series on the rental scheme they had and I personally find they look similar and one is a lot cheaper

good luck tho

The Z3 is not that well regarded as drivers car. The Z4 is meant to be much better. I haven't driven either but I think the Z4 looks much better. I guess it depends how much into your driving you are.

Bit girly arent they .......................................
Yes. :D

Here's a review of the All-American BMW Z3 - sorry its a bit generic, but I think they stopped production a while ago so reviews are scarce [broken link removed]

What Car? seem to have deleted / archived their reviews...

Seems to be the consensus as Purple says. MX-5 is often described as the best driving car in it's class/price range.

Haven't driven a Z3 myself, but I think the MX-5 is brilliant to drive (you just feel like laughing) - and better to look at IMO.

Oh and it's more reliable.

and cheaper.

and a bit less of a girly reputation - if it matters - wouldn't to me TBH.

Back