BMW Trade in or Private Sell?

thebop

What would approx be the market value of 2006 BMW318SE, Full leather, Xenon lights etc, Wood Trim 15,000 miles

My opinion: € 20K or thereabouts.

2006 BMW 318 saloons are on sale on carzone from €30K - € 37K.
These are cars that are not selling / sold - presumably because the price is too high.

After the VRT changes, you can buy a 318D (which will have lower road tax) for ~ 42K. I know one is petrol and the other is diesel, but allowing for:
- the VRT changes
- the glut of used cars on Irish forecourts
- the recession (lower consumer confidence, less people with 20 or 30K to spend on a car, the people who are willing to spend this money may have more trouble accessing the funds to do so, etc).

See here for details (going back a few years) of someone trying sell a 323 for 21K and selling it (3 months later) for ~ 13K.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054854040&page=7

If I was in the market for a similar car I wouldn't pay more than 20K, regardless of how much the original owner paid or how much they felt it was worth.

(The problem is that very few sellers would drop their asking price to meet my 20K offer, but a used car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.)

Last edited:
:) Will have to drive it into the ground so me thinks. My new car will have to wait till 2015 :)

Have you discussed trade in price against a car in dealers?That would help you decide.

Back