BMW 325 CI Sport problems pit falls etc

P

Pete980

Hi Guy,s
My other half has been banging on at me to get her a convertable for the up and comming summer, ( she is ever the optomist ) anyway do any of you guys no of any thing in particular that i should look out for in terms of things going wrong with them before i spend my hard earned

Thanks

She's an optimist for thinking that she might have an irish summer day where she can get the top down alright!

If you put the top down you will get wet

Apart from that they are a good car.
What year you looking at?

The main problem to look out for in any soft top is dampness, especially if it was used as a second car and may have been laid up for the winter, check under the carpets for any sign of damp. You should also look for the usual problems associated with a convertable, i.e. damage to the roof, some older models will have a "plastic" rear window which tend to go opaque over time.

What year you looking at?
I would check the roof operates properly,listen for unusual noises and creaks.They are a fairly sound car.Besides the roof check for the usual problems when checking over any car.

Is it a convertible she wants or a BMW ? If convertible is the main criteria how about an MX-5 ?