BMW 3 Series

Pexus1976

Hello there,

Thinking about buying a 3 Series year 2003/04 1.8 litre in a couple of months. But first I want to find out some information I'm looking at the 316 and 318 models.

316 only come in a saloon 1.8 engine

318 comes in a saloon 1.8 engine
318 also comes in a coupe but this is a 2.0 engine.

Is this correct and do BMW sell a 1.8 engine coupe in the 3 Series?

What is the basic difference between the saloon and coupe models? I've check out cbg and car zone but they have'nt really helped.

All comments appreciated!

The model you are looking at has an entry 1995 ( 318 Ci )
To get a 1.8 Coupe yuo will have to go back to a 99 reg latest E36.

Main difference is price, eg a 00 coupe is probably comparitve in price to a 02 saloon but even more obvious I guess is 2 door V 4 door and the sportier sleeker resulting look.

Go in to a main deler and get the brochures. The coupe you are looking at is still the current so there should be no shortage of them.

I bought main delaer and the 12 month warranty is excellent wouild recommend it highly p[lus the 24hr assist is a great comfort....

good luck and happy driving

If it was my money (assuming no trade in) i would go to the UK/NI, and look at autotrader or even bmw dealers, you'll find nice cars with a lot more extra's in them than here i.e. Leather/auto/cruise/parking sensors/ rear elect. windows etc. look for Full service history and avoid high mileage cars.

Because the 316 engine size is bigger anyway, would you consider something like a 320d or even 320cd coupe? way better fuel economy/resale value, and just as much power (if not more) from the 2.0 turbo diesel.

have a look at this website [broken link removed]

click on forums button on top and scroll down to 3 series and you should find some good info on different models going back to the first model 3 series.

heres a nice one on ebay (get an AA inspection if buying in UK)

[broken link removed]

lovely car, but too new, and a bit expensive when vrt is added,

but just to give you an example of the type of car you can get.

You will be able to get a current 1.8 coupe with a 2001 registration plate. The enging was upgraded to a 2.0L in mid 2001.

Anybody know any Salvage yard i can get doors for a 91 318i?

cheers