BMW 3 series petrol (08 used)

jack24

Hi,

I am considering buying a late model (probably '08 to benefit from the lower road tax) BMW 3 series (either 318i or 320i). I noticed that a lot of used dealer stock on the likes of Carzone were valued at prices above the current OTR price for new vehicles. Has anyone purchased one of the above in the past few weeks and, if so, how much discount have you achieved. In addition what is the typical discount on new BMW's that I could hope to get, it may well be that there isn't a huge disparity between the price of a new versus a used vehicle and I might go that extra few quid. FYI I won't be trading in anything so it would be a straight cash price.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Jack

I would wait until January mate.

Especially on a common as muck car like a 3 series.

The market is flooded with them at present, dealers can't give them away.

You will still get a bargain in January.

Better still Import a BMW, it's always the cheaper option.

Have a look on www.carzone.ie the best place to find your BMW import

I think the 3 series is also being facelifted in Oct so you would be better to wait for new year.

Thanks for the replies,

I kind of have to buy something (or else face renting til new year). Am going to be giving up a company car and need transportation! I have seen the facelift and it doesnt really seem anything more than a new grille detail and a few other minor details.

Jack