BMI frequent flyer bonus points for web checkin ?

zag

Travelled on BMI last weekend and I saw a reference in their inflight magazine to bonus points for using online (web) check-in. I got the base points for the flights, but not the bonus ones.

Does anyone have a copy of the magazine or know what hoops have to be jumped through to get the points ? I will probably ring them later today, but a little extra information will help shorten the agony of the customer service experience.

Incidentally, has anyone *ever* got points credited to their American Airlines account for flights on Aer Lingus ? I have quite a few flights going back over the last few months and none of them have shown up yet. I am getting around to sending them off to AA soon, but it would be easier if EI passed the details along as they are supposed to.

Cheers,

z

I'm enrolled in United Mileage Plus and to get credit for partner flights I have to send them my boarding cards as the miles are not credited automatically. Perhaps it's the same for AA.

rory - I understood that EI were supposed to pass the details along as a partner, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to fax them on, but I was hoping the points would just arrive. I have seen points from hotel stays (like BMI points for staying in Grange Hotels) arrive by themselves, so I thought the airline ones would do that too.

z

Indeed in theory they should arrive by themselves ... but based on past experience Aer Lingus aren't great at posting their own points never mind anyone elses .... always keep the boarding card stubs and ticket receipts so you can claim the miles if they don't post.

In fairness to Aer Lingus they're not alone in this ... most frequent flyer programmes seem to have problems with posting points from time to time

You only earn AA miles on EI fares in certain classes. See [broken link removed]

If flying on the lower EI fares then you are better off to credit the flight to Gold Circle. You get 300 points for each Transatlantic leg. It is better than nothing. I learned this the hard way.