Bluetooth Phone/PC connection problem

bazermc

OK I got a new mobile phone with bluetooth etc...and I want to transfer photos/videos to my computer from my mobile. I installed the software that came with the phone to called Nokia PC Suite.

But when i try establish the connection I keep getting this message:
"Cannot use the connection type. Check that all needed hardware, software and drivers are available."

Any ideas people. Is my computer not up to date enough? its only 3 years old! Do I need to download something?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

How are you currently trying to connect the phone to your PC - USB cable or Bluetooth? I don't think a lot of 3 year old PC's would have inbuilt bluetooth as standard and so you may need to either get a bluetooth dongle or just use a usb cable which should have been supplied with the phone

Cheers for replying I am trying to connect using bluetooth because i did not get a cable with the phone. It seems I am going to have to buy either USB cable or a dongle, which is annoying me.

Anyone know a cheap place online to buy?

Can you also try Ebay [broken link removed]=
Not sure if there are specific USB connections for you phone model or if they are univeral for Nokia phones, so you might want to check this first

Cheers lads I got a bluetooth adapter in PC World made by sitecom for E20 and it works fine took about a minute to transfer 30 photos, not bad.
Could of saved a few quid ordering online but cannot wait for post for the sake of a fiver