Bluetooth Headset Compatibility

Round Tuit

I’m a broadband beginner with a new Nokia 6021 and a handset someone’s given me which is a Motorola HS801 - I’ve checked the Motorola website and the 6021 is not listed. Does that mean it’s not compatible at all?

Re: Broadband Headset Compatibility

I presume you mean bluetooth & not broadband. According to this site it should work:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/3284.htm

You may have to go into the settings menu on the phone to turn on bluetooth. The manual should be able to tell you the steps.

Re: Bluetooth!! Headset Compatibility

Thanks tiger - I'm not that much of a beginner & have no idea why I keyed in Broadband instead of Bluetooth (oops). Anyway, I charged both up last night, turned both on, enabled Bluetooth on phone and tried to pair them to no avail. The Nokia kept coming back with a message saying it couldn't see anything.

Now that I've checked your other link I feel better that it actually should work - maybe I didn't have the headset in search mode, the instructions for it were pretty basic, I feel another google search coming on.

Re: Broadband Headset Compatibility

If you havent already, on the 6021, go to bluetooth settings, make sure you have "shown to all" set or else the motorola definitely wont see it.

All charged up last night. Bluetooth turned on on the Nokia & my phone set as "shown to all". Motorola headset turned on with blue light flashing. Nothing, nowt, nada, blloody technology - I'm so riled up I can hardly spell!! Aaaarghhhh!?!

Have you checked the support sites for the two devices in case there are firmware updates available that might improve the chances of compatibility? I worked on a bluetooth hardware/firmware project a few years ago and the number of incompatibilities, bugs and deviations from the standard of even the big name products (including the one that is used in many end products from different manufacturers) was frightening!

Okay guys. I took a deep breath, got my bro to stand beside me as these things always work once you've got someone there (they don't even have to do anything) and I read the manuals again. Turns out you've got to get the headset not just on but into searching mode itself too. Did that and eureka, I'm a happy gal. yet another ad for the RTFM mantra!!

Thanks for all your help ;o)

Back