Bluetooth headphones with Dell Computer

rayn

I have recently purchased Sony Bluetooth headphones for use with my ipad mini. After some difficulty I got them working and sound is very good.
Now I have spent hours trying to get them to work with my computer a Dell studio 1749 using Windows 7 and no success.
Can anyone help please? Also can they be used with Panasonic Viera TV
TX-32LX60L ?

What type of Sony bluetooth headphones are they? You might want to check that that they can be paired with multiple devices. Some bluetooth devices can only be synced with one other thing at a time.

Can be paired with up to eight devices. Wireless stereo headset DR BTN200. I have managed to pair it with phone and ipad mini but not with computer.

Sounds like the bluetooth card might be faulty in the PC. Have you tried linking another device to the PC such as your phone? Is the card in the PC Bluetooth 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0?

Have had huge problems with Dell XPS laptop and Bluetooth. Originally supplied with Vista [yuck] and later updated to W7 and that is where my trouble started. I'd try Dell or the manufacturer for the original software drivers and you might have more luck, in my case support stopped at Vista [boo!]. I have also had some problems pairing some Sony (was a huge fan but disappointed of late) products to other BT devices (Xperia to car for example) when other devices worked without issue. So I'd check for drivers on the PC in this case, uninstall existing device and install the manufacturer latest version which is dated end 2011 and seems to be W7 compliant ftp://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/studio-1749.html

Thank you all for the help. It appears my computer does not have a bluetooth card in it. Dell will sell me on for €64 and an engineer will fit it for €175 ! I will stick with my cable attached earphones for now. Again thanks everybody.

Thank you all for the help. It appears my computer does not have a bluetooth card in it. Dell will sell me on for €64 and an engineer will fit it for €175 ! I will stick with my cable attached earphones for now. Again thanks everybody.

Or you could get a USB adaptor for much less that that crazy price which could be a plan B. Either way glad to help.