Bluetooth enabled car stereo and mobile 'phone

alert

Hi there.

The face of my car stereo can be "slipped-off" and removed in order to prevent it's being thieved. Would anyone know if it's possible to buy a similar type stereo but with bluetooth capability, and then simply "slip" this new stereo on to the old locations and interface with a bluetooth 'phone?

Apologies of query is beneath contempt - am a bit behind modern technology at the moment.

ALERT

I don't understand - what would the phone and stereo be doing when communicating via Bluetooth?

Hi Clubman,

I want to use the radio's speakers for "hands free" communication, I believe the radio shoudl come with some sort of microphone too.

ALERT

there is a car stereo called the parrot rythem and blues which is a stero and bluetooth car kit any decent phone store will do them

There is a huge advantage to having your mobile phone integrated with your car stereo. When a call comes in, the stereo is automatically muted, eliminating the need for panicked pressing of buttons and twisting of knobs.

I don't think you'll be able to go bluetooth just by replacing the cover. You will need to replace the radio. Lidl have offers on bluetooth car stereos every few months.

You'll need to replace the whole unit. The face plates are particular to each model and can't be inter changed. The panels are simply a display and buttons, all the electronics are in the unit itself.

This [broken link removed] one would do the trick.
Leo

Back