Blood testing

Concert

Does anyone know if there is a Private Clinic anywhere in Dublin where I can get full blood testing done with a doctor referral, have tp wait a month for a blood test from my doctor as nurse is away.

Get a letter from your doctor and go to your nearest hospital to have it done?

There is a walk in (free) Service in St Vincent's Hospital on the southside if I recall correctly, open in the morning time.

Nicola

Failing that, places like the Bons Secours should provide this service, although you will pay for it...

All you'd need to do is to ring up one of the Private Hospitals to see if they provide the service, and to see if you can have an appointment.

I'd check the prices first though, mind

Nicola

Thanks a lot, made a mistake with my question. I want to go somewhere without a GP referral if possible.

I think you may need a GP referral to be honest.

Why not ask your GP to refer you?

Nicola

Not really sure if we're allowed talk about this with it being a medical issue but I doubt it very much that you will get a test without a referral from your GP.

I don't think there is such a thing as "full blood testing". There must be hundreds of different bloods tests depending on what is the suspected condition. What do you want the testing for? Even if it is a general test for "standard" conditions eg chlorestrol, diabetes, prostate etc, I think you will still have to go to o GP - or a nurse through one of the medical screening companies.

I'm guessing they just mean getting "their bloods done" as they say.

Standard tests for liver function, vitamin content etc. If it was something specific I assume they would have said so.

I'm guessing they just mean getting "their bloods done" as they say.

Standard tests for liver function, vitamin content etc. If it was something specific I assume they would have said so.
The reason that referrals are made through a medical professional is that the test results have to be released to a medic, interpreted, and passed back to the client / patient (use whichever term suits you). On their own or even in combination test results will have very little meaning or may be subject to misinterpretation by a lay-person.