Blood Brothers

Flexible

Hi All,

Went to Blood Brothers at the INEC at the weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed it but unless I am mistaken the cast mimed the the whole way through. I dont go to alot of musicals or plays but is this common practise ?

I wouldn't have thought so! Great isn't it? Few years now since I saw it with Rebecca Storm, love to see it again but not if it's mimed!!

I certainly wouldn't expect a musical to be mimed. I didn't think it was mimed when I saw it a couple of years back.

I would have thought it would be very difficult to mime a live show - there could have been a delay in the soundsystem which might have made it look like they were miming

What makes you think it was mimed? I know cast members and musicians who perform at musicals and have never heard of a live theatrical musical being mimed by singers. As above, delay in the sound?

I head Twink talking about this a few years ago, they don't mime, they do actually sing but they also have a backing track behind them of their own voices pre recorded and pumped out a high volume, basically they sing along to a recording of themselves.

Back