Block costs

hjrdee

Anybody know how much it costs per block for blocklayers to build house walls. I understand they price a job based on the number of blocks needed for the build, so just trying to get an estimate of costs.

Thanks

I am getting blocks layed for 95 cent per block.
It cost 625 euro per 1000 blocks.

Sorry Blocks cost 625 euro per 1000 including Vat at 13.5% at my local Quarry

Labour can be a lot more than 95 cent per block,some lads charge 1.50 -1.70 per block so shop around.I know the guy thats doing the blocklaying so that why its 95 cent.You must also factor the cost of Sand and cement.

So I guess that a cost of about €2 per block would be more reasonable. I reckon I need about 15,000 blocks so every cent counts!

Anybody know how carpenters price roofs?

I am currently having my house priced for build so just trying to determine how tradesmen come up with their quotations? Any other useful information gladly accepted.

Thanks

a cost of 2 euro per block would be minimum. 2.50 all in would be average, this would allow for block, blocklayer, labourer, and materials

you need to get the drawing for the roof and give them to carpenters. They will price off the drawings. Otherwise you will need to get a bill of quantities done up and get this priced. I take it you havent got a bill (or a QS) otherwise you wouldnt be asking these questions

No, meeting 2 builders this evening with plans for pricing of blockwork in one case and pricing of blockwork and roofing from the other. Also meeting a plasterer this evening for pricing of same. Meeting another blocklayer tomorrow evening and hopefully roofer on wednesday evening. Just really looking to get my head around their method of pricing.