Blinds for windows

blueshoes

hi.

I am thinking of getting either rollerblinds or the wooden ones for my house. I am just wondering does anyone have either of these and which would be better?

I have rang a few places to get quotes, but they will have to get back to me. I am kinda heading towards the wooden ones.

And would anyone have a rough price of what they paid for theres?
Its a 3 bed semi detached. Not that big.

Thanks
Blue

I went through a similar decision about two years ago and went for rollerblinds. While they look really well they offer little or no heat retention during the winter. I have since opted for curtains in the bedrooms for this reason. beats waking up cold at night in wintertime!

Thank you for that DrM.

Very helpful i see most is around 800/900 mark which is ok. I am looking for someplace in midlands area.
And yes DrM just wooden blinds nothing jazzy or anything!!

hi summerhill,

At the moment i have no blinds, but in my old rented house i had the wooden ones i just loved them only very dusty and hard to clean. Will prob get curtains aswell after a while.

Blueshoes,

Just yesterday we changed from rollerblinds to wooden Venitian Blinds. The reason for the change is that with roller its all our nothing. If you want privacy you need to pull them down you want light you have to let them up again. Also from a security point of view and unwanted passers by i would go for the wooden as they still enable you to look out but noone can look in.
Wooden for me , rollers never again

I just got a quote back from a place i rang yesterday 1500 for the lot. Is this expensive or ok? I didnt think they would be this dear, i was thinking more like 1000. Its a plain simple house nothing fancy or anything. I have another company calling sat to mesure and give me a quote. Hope there cheaper!

There is huge variations on quote for what is, 9 times out of 10, the same product coming from the 1 source. Have you looked at aluminium venetians. They can result in a much neater job. More importantly the component used are of a higher quality aand more suited to daily operation.

If you wish to PM a copy of quote details I will give you good advice as to how it looks

Phoenix2 said:
If you wish to PM a copy of quote details I will give you good advice as to how it looks

Hi Phoenix2,

Can you confirm if you are in this line of business? Might be as well for blueshoes and other posters to be fully aware of this if it is the case.

I have Aluwood (aluminium wood effect venetians) myself for about 5 years now and find them great except for the dust problem.

If you're in the midlands, I'd try valueblinds.....got a great quote just on Friday for a large 3 bed dormer with sunroom and quite a lot of windows to cover

hi

pheonix2, i dont have anything that she gave me just what she told me over the fone. i gave her the mesurments of the windows and she got back to me with that 1500.

mozzer where abouts are valueblinds?

thanks again

Yes Suellen I am in the business. I do however have no interest in supplying blinds or looking for business of any description from my postings.So please be assured that any comments or advice offered by me will be genuine and unbiased. Time will prove this.

The fact that you have aluwood blinds should back up my comments on wood venetians.

I have already assumed you have connections with the business, is that the case?

Regards

ValueBlinds are based in Naas, but they have an agent covering the Offaly area......their locall number is 1850 490099.....Factory number is 091 798724I found them to be very good value.....

Hi Phoenix2,

Thanks for the clarification.

Its far from the blinds business that I work hence the reason that it cost us 1,000 for ours.

I'm merely keeping the record straight with regard to

Thanks,

Sueellen.