Blind/Curtain companies

Sam Maguire

Any (up to date) suggestions on companies who will cover North City - a mixture of roller blinds, roman blinds and curtains required for 7 rooms. Whilst I dont want to spend a fortune, I am willing to pay a little extra for a company that will make my life easier by providing actual advice, measuring (without whinging!), etc - as opposed to the like it or lump it merchants who are all too common.

Have received some great recommendations here before - look forward to suggestions.

thanks

I'm sure that many of the suggestions in existing threads on this issue are up to date. I'd (again) recommend Coffey's Interiors on Berkeley Road, D7. We got our roller blinds from them. I recommended them to a family member and they were also happy with them compared to others with whom they had spoken while shopping around.

I have recommended them here before as I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them - [broken link removed] there are measuring guides on the website, I've found them competitive and helpful when I've e-mailed them.

Many thanks to both for recommendations.

Clubman - purely FYI, my experience of Coffeys was very poor. I tried them as I live closeby. Firstly they cant be bothered opening on a Saturday - in 2008! I got into them at lunchtime during the week in any event, and they have a wide range of stuff. Staff didnt seem very knowledgable, but so be it. To have someone measure up and advise you at your house is 35 euro - refundable if you purchase but not usual for blind companies in ther area.

Decided to pay my money as I just want fairly standard stuff and was 99% sure I'd purchase...but they told me the appointment would have to be within shop hours - they could only do after 5 "if it was on his way home"! I took a deep breath and arranged to meet their guy at my (unoccupied ) house and came home an hour early from work - 20 min drive away - (and said this to them in advance) as nicely as I could.

Guy never bothered to show up. I sat in my house like a fool.

He then has the nerve to leave a voicemail that night saying that he was on another job and didnt have my number to ring me. He offered the palest hint of any apology for my inconvenience.

He rang again the following day seeking to re-arrange. Did he honestly think I'd give him any business after that or -worse - who gives him business after being stood up?

This is the type of place that drives me wild...........

yep, it would...mind you, theres lots of ithe city - north and south - that should be covered over!

Joking aside, my last mail should have said that I'm still open to recommendations for blind companies who might bother themselves to come to my house when it suits ME as opposed to them.....I have tried 3 companies in Dublin 7 area in last few days....the latest anyone will call to me is 5 pm, and thats at a push....

good for them, but I need to work to pay for the bloody things, and thats well past 5pm!

Try Terry O'Reilly of the Curtain Cottage (also does blinds etc.).

He's fitted my house and three other family members. No complaints yet.

Try 01 8213589

I used this company last year http://www.windowblinds.ie/locations.html - rep called on a Saturday morning, at the time arranged, with samples, did the measurements etc. Blinds were then fitted on the day they said, at the time arranged. Very happpy with the price and the service. No connections