Blarney street, Cork

S

smel

Hey there,
I'm considering buying a house in Boyces street, off Blarney street in Cork. What is Blarney/Boyce street like? Is it a good area? Is it safe to walk home at night around there? Are there many renters in the area?. Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

It is a long time since I worked up around Boyces Street (about 5 years) but I am unsure of what type of houses are for sale up there.
From what I can remember, Boyces St is a Cul de Sac with old folks houses (masonettes) on the right hand side and corporation flats on the left hand side.
It would be a settled area just off the bottom of Blarney St so you would be very near town/city centre so from that perspective you will find it handy.
Unless there is new developements there, I wouldn't have thought the Corporation flats or masonettes would not or could not be put on the open market.

There are lots of small little back streets and lanes ways around that area but it would be a mature enough area with out any trouble.

Spent some time there a while back - very convenient - 10-15mins walk into town- very handy. Its pretty settled.

Thanks a lot for your input!
What do you mean by corporation flats or masonettes? The house I looked at is from the 1980s, semi-detached located at the end of the cul de sac. As you mentioned is quite close to the city center.

boyces street is very central and very near town but from my knowledge there tends to be problems there with youths gathering in the evening time. if you are serious about the house i would check it out in the evening times and see how it seems.

Back