Blackrock co. Louth

doodle

Hi considering moving to Blackrock. Lived in dundalk 4 years ago and i am aware that there has been alot of developments built since then. I was hoping for some opinions on what the best areas in blackrock are. Or would one advise staying away from blackrock due the amount of new develpoments.

A good area, but relatively expensive. Many units in new developments are idle though so you might get a 'bargain'. Very few areas to avoid I'd say.

Best part of Dundalk anyway, not too over developed in so far as that can be said about anywhere. Suffered a bit from Celtic Tigerism, apartments etc., but not too bad.

All areas of Blackrock are good - some more expensive than others (Rock road and chapel road). Blackrock maintains a village feel but is really a suburb of Dundalk. There is an excellent and very active tidy towns group who contribute greatly to the area.
Personally I'd avoid the apartments beside the bottle bank because of the noise factor - there is also a car park there and you will often see groups of young boy racers meeting up. Nothing sinister. These apartments have the best views though.

Plenty of houses for sale there at the moment including some of the older ones with large gardens..... I've been watching these over the last year and will hold on for another while for obvious reasons...... The newer estate type houses are reasonable priced but they tend to have a small amount of space around them.

There are two small council estates in Blackrock - these are housing local people and from what I hear they are very well kept and blend in well with the local community...

Best of luck.....

Thank you for the info, I am going to fly over this week and have a look around.
thanks again
Doodle

Blackrock is part of Haggardstown/Blackrock parish, the fastest growing parish in the diocese. Blackrock is on the sea side of the dividing Dublin Road. Haggardstown is/was? due for a boom with a new school,shopping and housing planned. Have a wander around there as well.