Blackpool Airport Development Fee

feltox

[broken link removed]

Just an interesting them I seem this weekend. I puchased a ticket with Aerlingus return to Blackpool and paid like normal.

Returning to-day you check in whch is fine but them told at check in told if over 15 years old must pay airport development fee before going through security. So you have to go to machine pay 10 pound and get a coded print out which you use to pass turnstiles to get to security.

Talk about rip off etc. No choice but to pay money if you want to get into departures. It could go on in other airports but first time i seem in english airport. I taugh it would be part of airline fee.

Be carefull anyone going to Blackpool as you have to pay fee coming back. Pay by cash or credit card

Similar charge at Knock Airport as well. Furthermore if traveling in the Far East these kind of taxes/charges are normal. But Ryanair has taken these charges a centre stage matter but have forgotten their own abusive charges.

Waterford Airport had this fee for many years but I think now it is incorporated in the fare.

The Blackpool thing is years old, some of the other small UK airports have it as well. Not a rip off as it's well advertised.

Look at it any way you wish - this is a rip off. They charge this just because they can. Imagine your local supermarket charging you an exit fee, just because they want to redeveop in the future.

Look at Liverpool airport where they charge you £2.00 to use the Express Security Queue. If you dont pay the stupid 2.00 fee you will be left wait and wait and wait until you are forced to cough up the £2.00 or miss your flight.

just because they want to redevelop in the future.

In the vast majority of cases the money is used to provide better facilities for the traveler. The days of Governments splashing out dough here there and everywhere are gone - especially for years and years in Europe anyway.

I totally agree with Leper.
Same thing applies to the plastic bags for liquids in the same airport, if they're not theirs, they just drop them in the bin.

After waiting in line for nearly two hours the last time I was there, they threw away my lenses case. Of course, they gave me the option to go back to the end of the line after buying their stuff, or go, pay for the bag and then pay for the express lane. All in a very rude tone.

All the hassle for a contact lenses case in a regular sandwich zipper bag... soooooo suspicious and dangerous...

It's just frustrating, really.

So you would prefer to bin the security in favour of taking on board suspicious matters. Brilliant really.

Or have people who bring prohibited items to the security gates and waste everyone's time treated just as courteously as the well organised majority?

Perhaps if security staff were more proactive in sending people with metal in their pockets or liquids of more than 100ml to the back of the queue then people would take more care?

Imagine how quickly security queues would move if everyone was conscious of their fellow passengers...

Back