Blackberry - which phone company gives best value?

gm88

Which phone company offers the best value for money for the Blackberry? It's for a college student, so lots of texting, some calls & internet too.

She's currently pay as you go on Meteor, but willing to change phone company. She's also willing to get a new number if needs be. I don't know how the internet could be run on pay as you go. Would also be willing to start bill pay if necessary.

Anyone got advice on this?

Meteor are due to launch Blackberry very soon, there's been lots of teasers on Facebook etc.
I'd guess that they will be cheapest in the market. Vodafone currently do it on prepay for €30 a month as far as I can make out from their site.

Thanks Mr Blues Do you know would the €30 cover the internet on the phone too? We've never run an internet phone on pay as you go.

I'm not sure to be honest - It does seem to include specific sites/services - Facebook and Twitter but normally there is an upper threshold for Blackberry in terms of data use so I would guess you get a certain amount included.

I have the Blackberry on pay as you go Vodafone and have had it since January. Yes, the internet can be ran on pay as you go. If you are in a Wi Fi area, email sending/receiving will be done via wifi. But if not, the connection will be done over the Vodafone network. As far as rates, if you do top up by 30 euro a month, it is free....as far as I know. I make a lot of international calls so this is where most of my credit goes but 30 euro last me a month.

Thanks for replies. went with the Vodafone pay as you go plan. Topped up €30 to start off & we'll see how far that goes! We got €20 off the price of the phone by keeping her no. and will get an extra €10 per month for 12 months. It all helps!

Back