blackberry storm V curveV N97

M

mike1234

I have a blackberry pearl but need to upgrade .
im on Vodafone prepay 400mins per month
Its my mobile office and i need e mail and internet access when out of the office
any advice greatly accepted

Avoid the Storm!!!

I've had one since Jan and I'm breaking my contract, and taking the subsequent financial pain, next week. It's a pain to use. Slow to react, touch/click screen is a pain for accurate typing, it's quite heavy, voice quality is not great, and the apps are quite glitchy (the free ones anyhoo), doesn't have wifi...

Also, if you get a lot of calls, you'll miss half of them with the Storm. For example, if you have 'vibe & ring' activated, it'll vibrate for a few seconds and then ring for the remainder. What this means in actuality is that you won't feel the (very poor) vibrate alert, and will only hear the ringer at, say, the second ring (say) so to then answer the call before it gets diverted to vmail is a race.

If you get the phone on time, and check the caller, the phone will ALWAYS be in the opposite orientation to the way you pick it up (Murphys Law applies here). Two things can happen in this scenario; you'll either hold your nerve and wait till the orientation of the screen corrects itself (all the while the phone is ringing, btw), or; you'll turn the phone to the orientation in which the screen is displayed at the EXACT moment that it switched to the way you were holding it, so you're caught in the loop again!!!

If you miss the call and get a txt saying you've vmail, you cannot easily call 171 directly from the text, as highlighting the senders number (171) is almost impossible as it is at the top edge of the screen. The screen is sitting on one button located underneath it in the centre. This means that the closer to the centre of the screen, the better/more accurate/more responsive it is to select/type. You need to exit the text message, then hit the 'call' key, then type in 171, and hit 'call' again.

All of these things combined are hugely frustrating and take away from the usability of the thing, and the pleasure in having a pretty nice bit of kit, but not a patch on the iPhone for useability.

I'd think of staying with the Pearl, tbh.

COmpletely agree with Pique. I was in the process of trying to get out of contract and change to something like the E51 (old but reliable i believe).

Unfortunately, my 9 month old got my phone on Friday evening and deposited it in the toilet!!! even she thinks it was rubbish!

The Storm gets terrible reviews. Theres a new one on the way too.

I think the 8900 is the best Blackberry at the moment.

COmpletely agree with Pique. I was in the process of trying to get out of contract and change to something like the E51 (old but reliable i believe).

Unfortunately, my 9 month old got my phone on Friday evening and deposited it in the toilet!!! even she thinks it was rubbish!

Have an E51 and they're a fantastic little phone, it was my first Nokia phone and really impressed. Thinking of upgrading soon myself and given HTC phones are impossible to get I'm tempted by the E75 which is the version with the slideout full keyboard. I had a Blackberry Storm for about a day, lovely phone but when I found out how much O2 were going to charge me each month for the Blackberry package it went straight back!!!

Back