Blackberry Recommendations

burkemg

I'm thinking of getting a blackberry so I can access Corporate email.

I tend to receive more calls than actually make them

Which Blackberry model should I go for.

Which provider should I opt for and which add-ons do I need ?

All advise welcome.

Ive got the blackberry 7100x series which has been around nearly 2 years. The latest equivalent model is the Pearl, which is much small and compact and has some technical improvements. You can get it from your service provider such as o2 or vodofone as an upgrade package of a couple of hundred euro approx. You will need to sign up also for a GRPS service package cost around 40euro per month which gives unlimited email but phone calls are at normal cost.
Its an addictive and indispensable device (crackberry!) - just one caveat..
The phone volume in crowded places with noise such as say shopping centres etc can be a bit disssapointing with current model. Get the service provider to test it with you in similar enviroment to be sure ure happy. See details on blackberry.com
Enjoy!
R

If yuor company have installed exchange SP2 and have exchange webmail access then you could get a phone with support for Microsoft Push Mail. The widens the range of phones to choose from .....and save the company from purchasing blackberry client licenses.

I recently changed from BB to push mail...and can't say there is any difference ...other than a much smaller, neater phone to carry around.

Eoin

Would agree with Emul, but if ure typing email replies, the Blackberry keyboard is excellent - whereas the small phone wount be as good. Also the latest BB is quite compack..
R

Back