Blackberry Playbook Tablet - WIFI Issues

Tired Paul

Guys,
Just throwing this out there as I am at my wits end with my new Blackberry Palybook.
Got it last week as a present and set it up - no outstanding issues. However, every time I want to get onto the net the WIFI will run perfectly for a few minutes and then drop completely. I have to re-connect before it runs again. This is all being done on a home network.

Now this is where the issue really bugs me - I have a Toshiba laptop that also runs on WIFI. Once the Blackberry drops its WIFI connection, it also interrupts the WIFI to the laptop. Eventually the WIFI connection is lost and I'm left with 2 devices unable to connect to the WIFI.

I turn the WIFI connection ON/OFF on the modem and the laptop reconnects no problem and works away. The tablet however remains the same until I attempt to reconnect and the whole problem starts again.

The laptop and phone lines were working perfect before the indroduction of the tablet.

Anyone with ideas / suggestions. Is it tablet related issue or modem. Have been onto the provider and they have tested the line and all looks ok from their end.

maybe tis will help, reding through a few different sites i googled seems to be either a settings or modem issue, hope it helps
(I was having increasing (maddening!) problems with wifi on my two week old Playbook not being able to hold a wifi connection to the internet. I use a 1st generation Apple Airport Extreme 80211N router — and have had no trouble maintaining wi-fi connections on the following:
- Blackberry Curve 9300 (ATT)
- Samsung Captivate smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (w/Verizon 3G)
- Asus Transformer Android 10" "Honeycomb" tablet
- TiVo Premiere
- Dell Inspiron 15"
- MacBook Pro
- iPad 1
- iPhones 3GS and 4

So... a lot of wi-fi devices.

I solved my Blackberry Playbook wifi problem by fiddling with the Apple Airport Extreme router. The setting that had been causing so much trouble was my set-up default of "WPA2 Personal."

So first, I reverted back to WEP and that was a total fail on the PlayBook. When I switched over (and rebooted) to "WPA/WPA2 Personal" the Playbook's wifi came on line like a hot knife through butter! It successfully downloaded the newest large PB OS update in, like, 3 minutes!

Since switching the router settings, I have not been kicked off Playbook's wifi once. So I hope this may help others.