Blackberry 8520

tosullivan

need a bit of help here....

currently use my own phone for work and they pay the bill. has been working fine for yrs and I get the benefits every yr of an upgrade and the company pick up the tab.

Boss wants me to get a BB as I'm out of the office a lot and sometimes might not get an email for 2 days so he wants me to have an option of reading more than that.

Company has offered to get me a BB 8520. Options are:

They get me a BB with a new number and pay any costs associated with that and I either close my personal account or keep it up but I would have to bear the cost. Problem with this is if I close my account, I've had this number for 13yrs and don't want to start again

Other option is they port my number into a corporate account and they also pick up the tab but if I ever was to leave the company I would not get the number back.

Have I a 3rd option to get an upgrade of a BB with my existing provider O2?
They have the same 8520 model as an option when my contract is due for renewal shortly.
Is it straightforward enough to get a BB from O2 and get it set up for accessing corporate email? DO I need a special package from O2 to allow this?

Or could I just change providers? I'm free to move next month to another if I want.

Back