Black Diamond Earrings and Pigsback

MrEarl

Hello,

Those of you who use Pigsback may have noticed they are currently offering a pair of (total) 1 carat Black Diamond Earnings, at what appears to be a significant discount.

However, as we all know, Pigsback are only an advertiser / promoter, for other retailers - in this instance, the ultimate retailer is: oodlebee.com

I was wondering, does anyone have past experience with oodlebee.com or do you have a view on this particular offer ... it seems too good to be true, although I'm far from an expert on jewellery ?

Thanks

Mr. Earl.

Hi,

Just my own view, I like jewellery and whilst the earrings look very nice they appear to be quite small. I have a preference for small and delicate jewellery but if the person wearing them has long hair they can be nearly too small There are supposedly only 14 pairs left also.

I'm quite surprised that they are mounted in silver considering the supposed original price. I find the silver better for not tarnishing/discolouring over time but I would feel that most people would expect something more expensive like white gold etc.

Update: Just went back and had a look at description and says '925 sterling silver and rhodium plated' and had a quick look on Google which [broken link removed]:

"I've been writing the same message over and over for what seem like forever. There are several methods of adhearing one metal over another. Rhodium Clad, Plated and Vermeil are the lowest and least durable methods. You are very lucky that your beloved Plated ring has worn so well for you.
Clad, Plated and Vermeil (gold or rhodium over Sterling) will wear off with everyday use and even with polishing. What you are seeing is tarnishing of the Sterling under the rhodium. That is why rhodium over anything should never be sized. Tarnish will start when ever the plating is marred, scratched or pitted.
I'm so sorry about your beloved ring."

There are plenty of people on AAM who may be able to give you a more knowledgable view on the earrings but if it were me I certainly wouldn't buy them because alarm bells are ringing in light of above.

Hello,

Thank you for the above.

Interestingly, the same "offer" appears elsewhere on the internet when you search for it .... so there's a limited quantity available to Pigsback, but also limited quantitles available elsewhere.

The price and sizeable discount caught my eye, as much as the potential for a nice gift to be honest - I had wondered if they could infact be offering someone the chance to even make a profit on them, if they were later resold ... but I'm not convinced Black Diamonds are actually that popular as they don't sparkle for example, from my limited research (done through the eyes of a male, needless to say )

All views welcome and appreciated, needless to say.

Regards

Mr. Earl.

Not too easy to resell earrings because of hygiene reasons which is why shops can't accept returns on them.

Many thanks.

Suffice to say, I have not taken up this opportunity, either in terms of purchasing a gift for my wife ... or in terms of making a possible future profit.

Regards

Mr. Earl.

Don't believe the discounts you see on any of these deal sites. In most cases, you will buy the same product/service for the same price, or even less elsewhere.