Bitwala versus N26 versus Revolut?

measuretwice

There are many threads here comparing N26 to Revolut, and if I were to choose between those I think it would be the former as they seem cheaper, and I understand of the two they alone are insured by the ECB. There are no threads comparing either offerings to that of Bitwala.

To avoid banking charges I am going to move my banking to either a zero fee EBS account, or receive income into same or an existing zero fee credit union account, and set up a standing order into either N26 or Bitwala which I will otherwise effectively use as my bank. I understand EBS online banking is not great, and my credit union do not offer a a debit card, which is why I am considering the standing order to another bank. Bitwala do also offer crypto options, including greater than 4% interest through the Celsius Network, although you can use that and similar services without Bitwala and buying crypto directly from an exchange is cheaper.

I am trying to discern what offers the best general banking value and service.

From Bitwala's Pricing it seems like the only charges I would incur are when the actual ATM adds a charge as Bitwala themselves do not charge for it.

From N26's Pricing List it seems to have more charges than Bitwala (in addition to a maximum of 3 'free' ATM withdrawls per month versus apparently unlimited with Bitwala), a 12c stamp duty withdrawal to a maximum of €5 is applied to Irish customer and taken retrospectively.

Are any of these charges mentioned something I should expect to incur regularly using a German based N26 or Bitwala card here in Ireland, and if so would those charges be avoided if I stuck with an EBS card?

The forum will not allow me to post any links so please find attached details on pricing for Bitwala and N26, I could not find a Revolut PDF but they have a limit of €200 'free' ATM withdrawals per month.

Attachments

• Bitwala Pricing.pdf
    71.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Bitwala ATM withdrawals.png
    Bitwala ATM withdrawals.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 148
  • N26 Price List.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Just to be clear - Bitwala isn't a bank. They are a tied agent of Solaris Bank. They offer the app and cyrpto elements. You are signing a banking agreement with Solaris and may be subject to Solaris fees and limits. Which may be fine - but good to have the details

Maybe measure once more :)

Just to be clear - Bitwala isn't a bank. They are a tied agent of Solaris Bank. They offer the app and cyrpto elements. You are signing a banking agreement with Solaris and may be subject to Solaris fees and limits. Which may be fine - but good to have the details

Maybe measure once more :)

Thanks for the input. I did not see any mention of a possibility of any extra Solaris fees or limits, can you please reference this?

One thing for N26, they do seem to have a nicer app and online banking website, spaces/vaults etc - not a deal breaker but worth considering.

Thanks for the input. I did not see any mention of a possibility of any extra Solaris fees or limits, can you please reference this?

It's linked to in the T&C's of Bitwala - Section 2. You might need to check with Bitwala the exact fee schedule for customers of Bitwala.

Back